21/01/2024 - 02/02/2024
Two weeks of high-end freeride guiding and coaching for advanced and expert snowboarders looking to experience the best of Japan!
This camp takes you to the best powder spots during the snowiest two weeks of the season. We start out at our local base in Madarao Mountain Resort, then head off to the best freeride terrain throughout Nagano and Niigata. This includes the infamous Nozawa back bowls, the playful trees and pillows of Myoko, the steeps and drops in Lotte Arai, and some more secret spots in between. Daily transport to all resorts is provided, as are transfers from the local train station in Iiyama. The start and end dates specified above are the departure and arrival days (i.e. not on snow).
Whilst this camp is focused on epic freeride terrain, the coaches will sprinkle in some all-mountain freestyle and some carving on any non-powder days (although there's not many of those)!
Like all our Japan camps, our base for these two weeks is the CAMP3 Clubhouse Madarao. We all stay together, in our very own clubhouse, coaches included!
The lead coach on this camp will be Keith Stubbs (aka "Stubbsy").
Costs & Inclusions
This snowboard camp includes coaching, 12 nights accommodation, transfers to and from the train station, plus 8 days of lift passes.
- Camp Cost
- ¥395,000 JPY - all inclusive with everything in this list!
- Coaching & Guiding
- 8 days of freeride-focused coaching and guiding over 2 weeks, at 5hrs per day.
- Lift Passes
- 8 days of passes at the resorts we visit along the way (lift passes on days off are additional).
- 12 nights of accommodation, with daily breakfast, at our very own Japan CAMP3 Clubhouse Madarao.
- Daily travel to each resort and transfers to and from Iiyama Station.
- Epic Additions
- Welcome dinner on the first night. Evening video analysis sessions to breakdown and analyse your riding in more detail. Evening beers and banter with the crew!
This camp will likely have two groups:
- An advanced freeriding group - for those experienced riding in powder and looking to explore secret spots, work on specific freeride skills and build confidence in challenging terrain.
- An expert level freeride group - for those who want to find the goods quickly, get into the side-country as much as possible, develop their tactical approach and smash a bunch of laps (note that you will need avalanche equipment for this group - transceiver, probe and shovel - we expect to have a limited number of sets available for rental).
Accommodation is on a twin-share basis (with ensuite bathrooms), at the vibing CAMP3 Clubhouse Madarao (just 100m from the chairlifts of Madarao Mountain Resort), with daily breakfast and a welcome dinner on the first night. Check out CAMP3 Clubhouse Madarao here.
A limited number of single occupancy rooms are available at an additional cost of ¥2,500 per night (¥30,000 for the duration of this camp). If you wish to reserve a single occupancy room, please indicate this in the comments box in the booking form below.
Transfers available from Iiyama Shinkansen Station (bullet train direct from Tokyo) are available on the camp start and end dates. Dates shown are accommodation arrival and departure days.
You must be signed up as a member to book on a camp. The booking form will display here when you are logged in.