04/02/2024 - 16/02/2024
Two weeks of high-end, ride-everything coaching for advanced snowboarders looking to push every aspect of their riding to the next level.
This camp is all about pushing your ability level in lots of different environments; park, powder and piste. There is a heavy freestyle focus on this camp, but that doesn't mean we'll only be riding park. We'll be taking spins in to the off-trail, looking for natural jibs, and laying out morning carve/butter combos when there's no fresh snow to be had.
We typically start out at our local base in Madarao Mountain Resort, then spend time at a wide variety of resorts in the region including Nozawa Onsen, X-Jam, Shiga Kogen, Myoko Suginohara and Lotte Arai. Daily transport to all resorts is provided, as are transfers from the local train station in Iiyama. The start and end dates specified above are the departure and arrival days (i.e. not on snow).
Like all our Japan camps, our base for these two weeks is the CAMP3 Clubhouse Madarao. We all stay together, in our very own clubhouse, coaches included!
The lead coach on this camp will be Richie Johnston.
Costs & Inclusions
This snowboard camp includes coaching, 12 nights accommodation, transfers to and from the train station, plus 8 days of lift passes.
- Camp Cost
- ¥395,000 JPY - all inclusive with everything in this list!
- Coaching & Guiding
- 8 days of freeride-focused coaching and guiding over 2 weeks, at 5hrs per day.
- Lift Passes
- 8 days of passes at the resorts we visit along the way (lift passes on days off are additional).
- 12 nights of accommodation, with daily breakfast, at our very own Japan CAMP3 Clubhouse Madarao.
- Daily travel to each resort and transfers to and from Iiyama Station.
- Epic Additions
- Welcome dinner on the first night. Evening video analysis sessions to breakdown and analyse your riding in more detail. Evening beers and banter with the crew!
This camp will likely have two groups:
- A strong intermediate group - for those comfortable on all groomed terrain and beginning to ride off-piste and building confidence in the park.
- An advanced level group - for those who want to push their riding and break through that glass ceiling (ideal for instructors looking to progress from Level Two to Level Three).
Accommodation is on a twin-share basis (with ensuite bathrooms), at the vibing CAMP3 Clubhouse Madarao (just 100m from the chairlifts of Madarao Mountain Resort), with daily breakfast and a welcome dinner on the first night. Check out CAMP3 Clubhouse Madarao here.
A limited number of single occupancy rooms are available at an additional cost of ¥2,500 per night (¥30,000 for the duration of this camp). If you wish to reserve a single occupancy room, please indicate this in the comments box in the booking form below.
Transfers available from Iiyama Shinkansen Station (bullet train direct from Tokyo) are available on the camp start and end dates. Dates shown are accommodation arrival and departure days.
You must be signed up as a member to book on a camp. The booking form will display here when you are logged in.