03/03/2024 - 15/03/2024
Two weeks of guided splitboarding, with a four day long ISIA recognised avalanche course included!
This camp is focused 100% on splitboarding adventures. Whether you are a first time splitboarder or have some experience already, this is the ideal way to learn or improve your splitboard skills safely, under the guidance of two experienced coaches/guides (Hiro and Stubbsy).
This camp begins with an intro to splitboarding day at our local mountain Madarao, then progresses into a four-day long ISIA standard, avalanche course (facilitated by the renowned avalanche expert and mountain guide Peter Billous of Crystal Clear Avalanche Education).
The second week of the camp is focused on bigger splitboard adventures, with three different guided trips to different locations (relevant to conditions).
Daily transport on days away from Madarao is provided, as are transfers from the local train station in Iiyama. The start and end dates specified above are the departure and arrival days (i.e. not on snow).
Whilst this camp is focused on splitboarding, the local resort of Madarao is available to ride on days off.
Like all our Japan camps, our base for these two weeks is the CAMP3 Clubhouse Madarao. We all stay together, in our very own clubhouse, coaches included!
Costs & Inclusions
This splitboard camp includes coaching/guiding, 12 nights accommodation, transfers to and from the train station, plus 8 days of lift passes.
- Camp Cost
- ¥495,000 JPY - splitboard and avalanche equipment are additional
- Avalanche Course
- 4 day Avalanche Skills Course Level Two (ISIA standard).
- Coaching & Guiding
- 4 days of further splitboard guiding spread out over 2 weeks.
- Avalanche Equipment
- A limited number of avalanche sets (transciever, probe, shovel and pack) are available to rent for 20,000 JPY for the duration of the camp.
- Splitboard Equipment
- A splitboard setup can be hired for approximately 75,000 JPY for the duration of the camp.
- 12 nights of accommodation, with daily breakfast, at our very own Japan CAMP3 Clubhouse Madarao.
- Daily travel to each resort and transfers to and from Iiyama Station.
- Epic Additions
- Welcome dinner on the first night. Evening avalanche lectures and info sessions. Beers and banter with the crew!
Important: A decent level of fitness if required to join this camp.
If we get enough interest, this camp will likely have two groups:
- An intro to splitboarding group - for those who have never splitboarded before, and those who have only tried once or twice. This group will begin with gear familiarisation and basic touring techniques, yet still include some bigger tours after the avalanche course.
- A more experienced level group - for those who have spent at least two days splitboarding in the past and would like to explore a little further afield. For this group, if you already have an avalanche certificate of the same standard (e.g. AST 2) we can switch out the avalanche course component with further days of guiding.
Please note that you will need avalanche equipment for this camp - transceiver, probe and shovel. CAMP3 has a limited number of sets available for hire. Please indicate if you would like to reserve a set in the comments below when booking on the camp.
Splitboard equipment hire can also be arranged - also indicate in the comments below.
Accommodation is on a twin-share basis (with ensuite bathrooms), at the vibing CAMP3 Clubhouse Madarao (just 100m from the chairlifts of Madarao Mountain Resort), with daily breakfast and a welcome dinner on the first night. Check out CAMP3 Clubhouse Madarao here.
A limited number of single occupancy rooms are available at an additional cost of ¥2,500 per night (¥30,000 for the duration of this camp). If you wish to reserve a single occupancy room, please indicate this in the comments box in the booking form below.
Transfers available from Iiyama Shinkansen Station (bullet train direct from Tokyo) are available on the camp start and end dates. Dates shown are accommodation arrival and departure days.
You must be signed up as a member to book on a camp. The booking form will display here when you are logged in.