15/01/2023 - 22/01/2023
5 days of freeride and freestyle coaching in a 6 day window, for intermediate and advanced snowboarders looking to experience the best of Japan! This camp will have an "intro to powder" level group and one more slightly advanced level group. All members of this camp must be English-speaking.
This camp includes 3 of the 5 days in Nozawa Onsen, with 2 days travelling to other resorts (transport provided). This camp is focused more towards freeriding but will include lots of all-mountain freestyle and carving, plus some park riding on the non-powder days.
The week begins during the Dosijin Matsuri (Nozawa's famous fire festival), which is a spectacular event to be a part of and quite the introduction to Japan for those who haven't been before.
This camp will have at least two groups (possibly 3 groups):
- An intro to powder and trees group - for those who are comfortable on all groomed runs and are just beginning to ride off-trail.
- An advanced freeride group - for those who are more experienced riding in powder and looking to explore secret spots.
Accommodation will be in the centre of Nozawa at the beautiful Maruji Lodge, with a courtesy welcome dinner on the first night. Transfers available by arrangement from Iiyama Sinkansen Station (bullet train direct from Tokyo) at no additional cost. Dates shown are accommodation arrival and departure days (coaching is from 14th to 21st with a day off in the middle somewhere).
This camp includes coaching, 7 nights accommodation, transfers, plus 5 days of lift passes.
- 5 days of freeride and freestyle coaching at 5hrs per day (6 day window)
- 7 nights of accommodation, with lift passes for a total of 5 days
- Daily breakfast
- Travel and passes at the two other resorts included
- Transfers to and from Iiyama Station
- Welcome dinner at Maruji on the first night
Cost TBC: 225,000 JPY - this is an indicated cost but is subject to slight change, depending on lift pass and accommodation.
Own accommodation option: 115,000 JPY - this is for those who prefer to select their own accommodation and pay for their lift passes separately. Coaching, a welcome dinner and transport to the other resorts is included.
Camp Organiser: Iain Chamberlin.
Camp numbers: minimum = 9, maximum = 16
Booking cut off date = 31st October 2022
You must be signed up as a member to book on a camp. The booking form will display here when you are logged in.